Tuesday 25 May 2010

Return to the UK

We returned to the UK recently, it was a planned return as we had to go on a birthday day out that had been bought for us by the Lady of the Villa’s brother – more of that in another post. We try to put as much into the trip as we can, seeing family, friends, bankers and accountants. Sometimes I think we put in too much.
This time I had to go and see my Uncle P, for a special reason. P is only a few years older than me and has been more of a elder brother. He had just been diagnosed with Cancer and it’s terminal.
He is now bedridden as the cancer has spread to his hip bones. It has all been sudden, not only to him but to all of the family. We spoke at great length of past times good and bad and the immediate future.
He wanted to put his affairs ‘in order’. He knew that I had done this for my mother a couple of years ago when she died and wanted me to act as his executor, but with a twist. That twist will have to remain a secret until the right time comes.
I know his pain is only under control with painkillers and I truly hope that it stays that way. His immediate family are making every effort to see he is comfortable and I hope they succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker