Wednesday 22 December 2010

Heart Attack

heartUntil now, no blood test has been able to give an indication of a person's risk of heart failure. However,  a team in America have adapted a test normally used to establish if someone is having a heart attack to predict one years in advance.
The more sensitive test identified proteins in the blood that signal heart cells have been dying in seemingly healthy people with no outward signs of heart disease.
The development could allow those at high risk to take action such as adopting a healthier lifestyle and taking drugs to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Now this affects me, as a diabetic I am advised to take medicine to keep my blood pressure and cholesterol levels low. I will be speaking to my doctor soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker