Thursday 7 October 2010

Hungary Toxic spill – The road to Hell

As emergency crews in Hungary work to clean toxic sludge from streets and houses affected by a spill from an alumina plant that killed four people.

The priorities were to seal the breach through which the sludge was leaking, and to protect the waterways. There are concerns that once the sludge dries, there will be a risk of the resulting dust causing lung cancer.

Reminds me of the Chris Rea Song

Well I'm standing by a river
But the water doesn't flow
It boils with every poison you can think of
And I'm underneath the streetlight
But the light of joy I know
Scared beyond belief way down in the shadows
And the perverted fear of violence
Chokes the smile on every face
And common sense is ringing out the bell
This ain't no technological breakdown
Oh no, this is the road to hell

toxic 1 toxic 2 toxic 3

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I have,nt heard that song for years but you are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red going into the Blue Danube its a sin.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker