Wednesday 15 September 2010

Your Safety and your Children’s Safety

The holiday season in Spain is over, however, what struck me most was how people ignored safety either of themselves or their children.

para

Parasailing from the Beach looks cool, however, its a whole lot different when a 16 stone bloke gets strapped in. Did you check the knots? Knots? Surely you mean harness straps and buckles. Landing? Oh my good I am doing 20 miles an hour and my 15 minutes are up, what did the Spanish guy say? Where’s my crash hat? Is that the sea coming up? Boom! Splash!

It is a bit funny to see all this from the beach bar. Most come back laughing and trying to ignore the pain of splash down or torn ligaments. Insured? I don’t think so, not on most holiday insurance!

scoot

And as for letting the kids hire a scooter, its laughable. Sure you can prove he is 16, it says so on his passport. Insurance, well the bloke said so in all those forms I signed in Spanish. Crash hat was extra and it more or less fits. Shoes, eh, well don’t flip flop count? And  am sure that the T shirt and shorts will protect him if he comes off. And I told him no passengers.

Other road user? Spanish drivers, well I told him just the quite roads and no more than 30 mph, what’s that in kph? 50? 60? Oh well I am sure he will be OK.

The local hospital are full of people who normally take care in the UK but for some reason all safety thoughts go out of their head when on holiday.

Did I also mention banana boats? Ski Jets? Kayaks? Peddalos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker