Saturday 11 September 2010

Earl Grey Surprise

Iced-tea1 Years ago , longer than I can remember I gave up, like most people, sugar in my tea and coffee.
About 7 years ago I gave up milk, after I went on an Aid convoy to Belarus, were there was no milk due to the background and soil radiation from the Chernobyl disaster.
I found after much testing the best tea to have with no sugar or milk was Earl Grey. Whenever I wanted something stronger, especially in the afternoon I had Gin and tonic.
Now thanks to the Sunday Times Magazine and our best mate Susie Q we can have both.
Here is the Ingredients and recipe.
  • 5 earl grey tea bags
  • 4 tbsp sugar or to taste
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 200ml gin.
     
    Brew the tea for 1 minute in 200ml of hot water then remove the bags, stir in sugar and add 500ml cold water. Cool in fridge or for speed add ice. Add lemon juice then 25ml gin per cup or to taste! This serves 8-10 cups!
Hurry up over Suzie Q, Hic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker