Thursday 9 September 2010

Text Messages

phone I am not a great texter. In fact when I first got a mobile phone I refused to text on the grounds it was anti social and preferred to phone. Now I have grown up I do from time to time text but much prefer to leave a message.
My brother is a great texter, mostly jokes and mostly about Liverpool FC (he is a bluenose, Everton supporter to the uninitiated). In the press we are always told the number of texts is increasing and recently I was talking to a friend who works in the industry about the increase.
He says its how the companies really add the cream to their profit. They have people who make the jokes up and then send them to the most prolific texters who send it on and so on until it goes around the country and beyond.
Each time a joke is sent (it can be monitored) the creator gets a fee or commission on the text. A fortune can be made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker