Tuesday 2 February 2010

Rafael Benitez denies Juventus agreement


Rafa Benitez has issued a statement dismissing reports he is to join Juventus while reaffirming his commitment to the Reds. Several Italian newspapers claimed the Spaniard had agreed terms to take over at the Turin giants in the summer. But in a statement, sought to quash the continued speculation.
"Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus," Benitez said.
"I have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club.
"I have a long-term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday that I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."
Let us hope it is true, especially the final sentence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker