Thursday 11 February 2010

Amazon Profits

This is from the BBC Financial news website – “Web retail giant Amazon saw fourth quarter earning surge 71 per cent thanks to a strong holiday season and heavy demand for its electronic book reader. Amazon said sales of electronics and general merchandise were particularly strong. International sales, representing the company's UK site were up 49 per cent.”
I was one of those who helped increase their sales. During December I had plenty of time for Christmas shopping, I was in the UK and could actually shop, especially in Liverpool One. So armed with a list off I went. I could not find anything electronic, that I wanted. Clothes, yes, Hardback books, yes, Toiletries, yes. I eventually found an IPOD touch (in John Lewis). Anything else electronic no. So after a fruitless day on the electronic side, I sat by the PC and ordered all the rest from Amazon, delivered within 2 days.
If retailers had a bad time over the Christmas period they can only blame themselves for not having the stock in the shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker