Wednesday 17 February 2010

Daily Diary


People, mostly friends and relations always ask me what I do now that I am retired. The usual response is "anything I want any time I like". Sounds a bit flippant I know but in all honesty it is true.
The Lady of the Villa, who by the way is younger than me, retired only a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, only to enticed out of retirement by three ex-colleagues to help run a new venture. She only agreed if she could run her end from Spain and it did not take 5 full days. Watch this space!
So getting back to me, what do I do? Well I could cheat and make it up but I thought to be fair I would do an accurate daily diary. So here goes.

00:00 - 09:30 Asleep. Although I do wake up two or three times a week at 4 or 5 o'clock and get up and potter around, then go back to bed.
09:30 - 11:00 Ablutions, breakfast, reading the newspapers (Times and BBC News on the Internet). Chatting to the Lady of the Villa about today and what is planned.
11:00 - 13:00 Off to do the morning tasks, could be shopping, seeing the Bank, looking for home appliances (currently Plasma/LCD TV, room heater).
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch. Usually soup and/or sandwich in winter. Summer is salads and sandwiches. It can go on for a couple of hours if friends are visiting and we are in the garden
14:00 - 16:00 Usually I cook the next day lunch if its soup and do all the prep work for the evening meal. I also update the blog, surf the internet and read.
16:00 - 18:00 This is the gym time. An hour in the gym, travelling and shower and any bits of shopping to be done.
18:00 - 20:00 Cooking the evening meal, eating it, tidying up and any other things around the home
20:00 - 23:00 Reading, watching DVD's, TV or any other entertainment
23:00 - 00:00 Bed

This is only an example, at a weekend the gym is closed at 16:00 on Saturday so we go early and it is closed on Sunday so we have a lie in and spend the day reading The Sunday Times. We go to Tai Chi (twice a week) and Yoga (once). We go out at least one night a week, usually at the weekend and of course watch Liverpool if they are live on the TV.
Golf days take up an afternoon of morning. And the Lady of the Villa likes to go on walks around the coast and insists that I go with her for company and additional exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker