Wednesday 14 April 2010

UK public happy to be scanned at airports

While surfing the ‘net I occasionally get asked to join a survey, if it looks interesting and if I  have the time I fill it in. I always wonder what the results of the survey was.
Just recently I filled in a survey and one of the questions was would I use a full-bodied scanner at the airport. I answered yes. Anything for security and speed.

Again surfing the net I came across an article in The Scotsman:- As many as 90 per cent of the UK public are happy to use the new full-body scanners at airports, according to a poll yesterday.
Acceptance of the scanners, being rolled out at UK airports, is far higher in Britain than in any other of the 11 countries in the survey of 10,000 people by IT company Unisys. As many as one in three people in Germany and Belgium would object to the scans, the poll found.
Interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it'll pick up their hairy armpits and thats why they don't like it?!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker